What is the General Motors Diet?
The General Motors Diet also know as the GM Diet is a weight-loss diet developed in the mid 1980's. The diet was especially conceived for the employees of general motors as well as their families.
The diet is based on a low-calorie 7 day eating plan. Dieters are encouraged to eat unlimited amounts of fruits and vegetables, drink plenty of water and abstain from alcohol.
Will I lose weight on the General Motors Diet?
This is one of the fastest and the healthiest way to lose weight quickly. Dieters on this territory typically lose anywhere between 10 and 17 pounds within a span of 7 days.
The GM Diet benefits your body's natural detoxification. It helps cleanse the body of impurities and flushes toxins from your system. It will make you feel lighter and more energized.
How does the General Motors Diet plan work?
- You must Drink 12 to 15 glasses of water every day during the course of the diet
- You must abstain from alcohol
- You can not drink fruit juices before day 7
- You can have black tea or black coffee with no sugar or creamer
Given Below is the daily GM food Plan:
Day 1 – Fruits. Consume fruits only particular watermelon and cantaloupes (no bananas)
Day 2 – Vegetables: Eat any amounts of raw and cooked vegetables. Vegetables should be cooked with small amount of oil. Have a boiled or baked potato with a smidgen of butter if desired.
Day 3 – Fruits and Vegetables: Eat a wide variety of fresh fruits and vegetables on this day. No Bananas and potatoes.
Day 4 – Skim Milk and Bananas: Eat up to 8 bananas and drink up to 3 glasses of skim milk on this day.
Day 5 – Beef and Tomatoes: Consume 6 tomatoes and up to 10 oz. of lean beef or hamburger (without the buns)
Day 6 – Beef and Vegetables: Eat a good variety of vegetables and beef on this day.
Day 7 – Vegetables and Brown Rice: Eat vegetables and brown on the last day along with fruit juices.
General Motors Diet Pros and Cons
- The food is inexpensive and perfect for people on low budget
- The menu is easy to prepare
- It can help you shed pounds in a short amount of time
- The food is healthy and boosts your immune system
- Not sufficient variety and too restrictive
- Detrimental effect on your metabolism If weight is lost too quickly
- Not a long term weight loss solution
- No exercise plan included in the program
In summary, the GM Diet is a crash diet that will help you lose weight fast. It is easy to follow and you are not required to exercise while on it. However, this diet plan is too restrictive and not suitable for long-term weight loss.