A Paleo meal is not hard to make. Unlike other diets that require measuring and counting, a Paleo meal is quite easy to make. Just as long as you stick by the rules of the foods that you should eat and the ones that you should stay away from, preparing a Paleo meal is pretty much the same as preparing a regular meal.
Here's what you should consider when preparing a Paleo meal:
1. Pick a protein – white chicken meat, lean red meat or fish. The Paleo diet requires any of these forms of protein in your meal. Our bodies simply need protein and a little of fat but aside from this, the Paleo diet requires protein because it reduces our appetite while increasing our metabolism. When you can, it will also be good to pick meat that has been pasture-raised and grass-fed.
2. Add lots of vegetables – vegetables are essential in the Paleo diet and with every other diet there is. We need vegetables. It has been reiterated over and over how important vegetables in the diet are ever since we were small. It will provide the body with vitamins and nutrients to keep us healthy and it will also keep illnesses and diseases away. Plus, it adds color to a dish so play it up to make your meal look more appetizing.
3. Fruits for desserts – fruits are a good source of fiber, vitamins and anti-oxidants which is why they are included in the list of foods that you have to eat in the Paleo diet. Just like vegetables, fruits are essential to every diet, because they also keep us healthy. The Paleo diet suggests you eat as much fruit as you can- they can do no harm and can only improve one's health. The only fruits you should take in moderation are the really sweet ones.
4. Drink fresh coconut juice – coconut juice is a great thirst quencher, very refreshing and it tastes wonderful. It is only available in tropical countries but drink it when you can because it is loaded with health benefits. It promotes intestinal health and can cure diarrhea or indigestion. It also prevails urinary problems and can help cure polyutra and stangury. Drinking it every day will surely keep your body in better condition.
Coconut water is also known to help break down kidney stones and keeps the body in a good condition enough to keep herpes, HIV and flu away.
5. Careful with the water – most of our water is being treated to keep it safe enough to drink, but the only problem in this is that it loses its minerals. Make sure you drink mineral rich water instead of purified ones that do not contain anything that the body needs.
6. Listen to your stomach – only eat when you're hungry. The Paleo diet does not really ask that you eat five times a day so eat only when you are hungry. Learn to listen to your stomach and not with your eyes or appetite.